The A+ certification is the starting point for a career in IT. The exam covers maintenance of PCs, mobile devices, laptops, operating systems and printers.
- Dell, Intel and Lenovo require it for service techs
- Recognized by U.S. Dept. of Defense
- An ANSI accredited Certifier - 0731
- Held by 900,000 IT professionals
Jobs that use A+
- Technical support specialist
- Field service technician
- IT support technician
- IT support administrator
- IT support specialist
The duration for A+ is:
Regular Track: 160 Hours (80 Days, 2 Hours per Day)
In order to receive the A+ certification, you must pass two exams.
- A+ 220-801 covers the fundamentals of computer technology, installation and configuration of PCs, laptops and related hardware, and basic networking.
- A+ 220-802 covers the skills required to install and configure PC operating systems, as well as configuring common features (e.g. network connectivity and email) for mobile operating systems Android and Apple iOS.